The War Memorial Center hosts VetFest, its annual celebration of service, on Aug. 9, 2018, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
This FREE, family-friendly event will be held on the city’s most sought-after lakefront terrace and will feature the following, most of which are veteran-owned businesses:
The event will feature:
- Live music from Boomer Nation, Bounding Main, Vintage Mix, Guitars for Vets and Jenny Thiel singing the American Anthem
- Mess food from Troop Cafe and the famous burgers from Solly’s Grille
- Beer Garden featuring Westallion Brewery, featuring a special veteran ale
- 22-Pushup Challenge by Kiss FM’s JMatt to promote awareness of veteran suicide – join us for pushups at 5:15 pm!
- Military and Milwaukee history exhibits
- Hands-on exhibits of authentic WWII and Vietnam War uniforms and equipment
- Treats for veterans served up by Donut Dollies
- Military vehicles
- Harley Davidson Jumpstart Rider Experience, motorcycle ride, and historic poster display
- 50/50 raffle
- Free entrance and parking!
The public is invited to join us on August 9 to celebrate the service of all our veterans and current military personnel. So save the date and be sure to join us as we celebrate 60 years of honoring veterans at the War Memorial Center!
Corporate sponsorships are available for the event. If you have any questions or would like to sponsor VetFest 2018, please contact WMC Development Director Vicki Chappell via e-mail or at (414) 273-5533.