Directions to the War Memorial Center
The War Memorial Center is located just east of Downtown Milwaukee on Lake Michigan, at 750 N. Lincoln Memorial Drive. It may be entered on three levels.
The Veterans Gallery entrance is located on the second floor at the Mason Street Bridge level. It is convenient for those traveling on foot from downtown and for handicapped parkers attending events at the War Memorial Center.
The Freedom Gallery entrance is located on Lower Level I at the Lincoln Memorial Drive level. It can be accessed directly from our parking lot.
The Honor Gallery entrance is located on Lower Level II and may be accessed by foot from the south (coming from the Art Museum.)
- Follow I-94 or I-43 downtown to I-794 East. Exit at Van Buren/Jackson Street
- Stay to the left to continue one block north on Van Buren
- Turn right at the stoplights at East Michigan Street.
- Head East for two blocks and turn left onto Lincoln Memorial Drive
- Take Lincoln Memorial Drive north; pass under the Mason Street bridge; the turn for the parking lot will come up quickly on your right.
Parking is available in the surface lot on the North side of the War Memorial Center.
Regular parking rates are $7/day per car. (no re-entry) During certain events (such as Summerfest) special event parking rates may apply.
The War Memorial Center is ADA compliant. The building is easily accessible at all levels with additional handicapped parking available on the Mason Street level or in the north parking lot at a per-car fee.